Sunday, March 14, 2010

Why I Believe

I came across the following quote in a book that I've been reading and just have to share it with you. It's from C.S. Lewis, and I'm a huge fan of his, but had never heard this quote before. But as is the case with most things I read by C.S. Lewis, I'm amazed at how he's able to say things so succinctly and metaphorically in a way that makes complete sense to me. He said:

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.

The truth of this quote hit me so powerfully. I could try to expound upon this idea, but I don't think I could say anything that the quote isn't already saying so well. I'm at a loss for words -- something that doesn't happen too often. So I'll leave it at that -- allowing you to ponder it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment