Saturday, February 20, 2010

Psalm 23

I read the 23rd Psalm this morning, and even though I've heard and read it a ton of times, I heard it differently today. It's nothing ground-breaking really -- just the fact that as I read it I saw it more as a promise from the Lord. I know it's David writing it, but I heard the Lord promising to be with me all throughout my life. And to be with me in different ways at different times. I saw the psalm as a statement about what our journey in this life is like with God at our side. As I read the psalm, I put the words "in my life" in front of each line to reinforce how God is with me.

For example:

In my life, He lets me rest in green pastures, he leads me beside peaceful streams.
In my life, He renews my strength. . .
In my life, even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for He is close beside me.
In my life, my cup overflows with blessing.
In my life, surely His goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life. . .

This last one is my favorite. I love the verb "pursue." To think about the Lord pursuing me all my days with goodness and unfailing love is amazing. God is actively looking for ways to bestow His goodness and love upon me! How awesome is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment